Main | Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Slight Mocking

Every now and then I think about writing a post making fun of the obsession so many gay men have with comic books. I totally do not get it. I've never owned a comic book in my life. And I've been thinking about it all morning, and I'll have to say that I don't think I've ever even held a comic book. When I was a first grader, I had some Peanuts paperbacks, which were just reprints of the daily strips in book form. But that's about it, as far as I can recall. I haven't even read the funnies in the daily newspaper in decades.

So I can't get all caught up in the buzz about who is playing what supervillian in what new movie, and why so-and-so is so completely wrongly cast as MeterMaid. And I've never had one of those conversations about whether Voltar's Mega-Ray could defeat Gamma Girl's Pain Purse. Although I'll admit that any time that movie with with the hairy Australian (FingerBlade?) is on cable, I'll watch it. FingerBlade is hot! Otherwise, feh, I don't even know enough about comic books to make fun of you. But consider yourself mocked. Mocked weakly, but mocked.

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home