Main | Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Bigger Apple

The Mac-heads in my office are positively wetting themselves over the new midtown Apple megastore, which opens on May 19th. The new store is located in the underground concourse beneath the former Trump, now General Motors Building, at the corner of Fifth Avenue and 59th Street, and will be Apple's first ever store to operate 24/7, answering the city's dire need to address its 4AM Nano emergencies. The store's entry is a 32-foot street level glass cube, which I suppose Apple is hoping will become another Big Apple icon. Despite the near-manic glee of my coworkers, I'm having my usual Apple-related reaction, a big yawn that stretches into a much, much bigger yawn that stretches to infinity, checks its mirrors, turns left, and heads on out to eternity.

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home