Main | Thursday, August 03, 2006

HomoQuotable - Edmund White

"As I was writing the book, I kept drawing up lists of chapters, and my AIDS was certainly one of them for a long time. And then, I don't know, I thought I'd put it in the background." - famed gay author Edmund White, (A Boys Own Story, The Beautiful Room Is Empty) who curiously does not mention his 20-year battle with HIV in his memoir, My Lives.

Even more astoundingly, White doesn't mention his co-founding (with writer Larry Kramer and four others) of Gay Men's Health Crisis, the organization that spawned AIDS and pharmaceutical activism across the nation and (along with the later ACT-UP) is surely responsible for ultimately saving millions of lives around the world. White is hinting that he has another memoir in him. I'm crossing my fingers. (via- 365gay.com)

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home