Main | Friday, October 27, 2006

Hillary Sees Pink Writing On The Wall

Saying that her position on gay marriage has "evolved", Sen. Hillary Clinton on Wednesday told a group of gay activists that she's changed her mind since she told voters during her 2000 senatorial campaign that she opposed gay marriage. "Obviously my friends and people who spoke to me-we've had many long conversations and I think-and which I believe-that the way that I have spoken and I have advocated has certainly evolved and I am happy to be educated and to learn as much as I can," she said. Clinton does not plan to oppose the plan of shoo-in gubernatorial candidate Eliot Spitzer to enact a same-sex marriage law, saying she supports "full equality of benefits, nothing left out", but ""If you go the next step and say, 'But I want what is called marriage,' you're going to have a problem." (via Gay City News, 365gay.com.)

Isn't it interesting that the revelation of this change of mind happened on the day of the NJ Supreme Court decision ruling in favor of civil unions for same-sex couples? Anybody else feeling a wind of change blowin' across the Hudson?

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home