Main | Monday, October 23, 2006

HomoQuotable - Reichen Lehmkuhl

"I was raped." - Reality show celebrittle Reichen Lehmkuhl telling Good Morning America that he was sexually assaulted by two fellow cadets while attending the U.S. Air Force Academy. "A bag was put over my head," he said. "I was stripped of my clothes. I was forced to do things sexually with two other male cadets." (Via 365gay.com.)

Not to diminish the gravity of what he says (and I'm sure many of your are already composing your snarky "I wish that could happen to ME" comments), Lehmkuhl's revelation does arrive with the release of his new book, Here's What We'll Say: Growing Up, Coming Out, and the U.S. Air Force Academy. The cynic in me would wager that book sales will be helped by those hoping for a titilating recounting of his assault. Lehmkuhl says he is hoping that his story will help lead to the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home