Main | Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Name Is Familiar, But....

Back in the '80s, I used to call my roommate "the keeper of my tricks", because I seemed to have a hard time remembering the guys I was meeting. I'd point out some hot guy to my roommate and he'd say, "Oh, him. You already did him. He's from Boston. Nice guy. Has a convertible." Oops.

Those days are long over. The numbers are down and my memory is up, apparently. But if things were still like they were, I'd be tempted to blame "prosopagnosia", this "facial-blindness" condition that I've been seeing lots of news stories about recently. Facial-blindness is a brain dysfunction that prevents people from remembering the faces of people they've seen before. I wonder if it strikes gay men more than others, or if a lot of us are just faking it.
.

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home