Main | Friday, April 13, 2007

Morning View - Second Avenue Subway

The Second Avenue subway, the long-awaited, often-started but never finished subway line down Manhattan's East Side had its fourth groundbreaking this week. (My "morning view" pics are usually my own, but I grabbed this one from the NY Times.) The tunnel shown was sealed up in the 70's during NYC's big financial crisis and has sat empty since. I can't imagine that I'll still be on the Upper East Side when service begins in 2013, but I'm still excited by the project, which will create a station right near the end of my block. And the new line will be called the "Q".

CORRECTION: Here's a map of the new line, which shows an extension of the Q train from Times Square to the UES (handy!) and the route of the new complete line, to be called the "T".

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home