Main | Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dame Bassey Gets It Started

About ten years ago, I broke my hand and arm in six places when I tripped over a big pile of air that someone had negligently left lying on the Market Street sidewalk. But that didn't stop me from attending Dame Shirley Bassey's concert that night at the San Francisco Opera House, where in a vicodin haze I was chastised by the usher for banging my cast against my armrest because I couldn't applaud. We were especially amused by the endless stream of old queens coming to the lip of the stage with giant bouquets. By the end of the show poor Shirley hardly had a place to stand. Here's 70 year-old Dame Bassey performing Pink's Get the Party Started. Shirley is immortal.

UPDATE: Here's Dame Shirley's MySpace page.

Labels: ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home