Main | Saturday, October 27, 2007

Swagapalooza

Catching up on the last few weeks of Swag Tuesday winners....

Blogger is having one of its no-photo mornings, so I apologize that winners' photos aren't in this post. I'll see about adding them later when Ms. Blogger gets her act together. If you don't see your name on this list and you think it should be, contact me. Also, please let me know if you were notified more than a week ago and your prize has still not arrived. I've got to keep some of these publicists on their toes.

Rosie O'Donnell's book, Celebrity Detox: The Fame Game:

-Sean from Seattle, Washington: "Heavily caffeinated thanks from the Pacific Northwest. Now that Seattle is on your map, maybe you'd be willing to do one of your fabled live appearances out here ... you and Dan Savage on the same stage? Sweet!"

-Renee from San Marcos, California: "Thank you so much for the book! I have entered many of your SWAG contests, but have been so distracted this time that I was very pleasantly surprised when I got your email."

-Kate from San Jose, California: "Joe.My.God rocks. So does Rosie. Can't wait to read her new book. I'll post my reaction to it on my blog after I read it. (BTW, I just joined the CODEPINK.)"

-Matt from Princeton, New Jersey: "Hey, thanks!"

-Dave from Denver, Colorado: "Woo Hoo! Sounds like the perfect book for reading in the "Blue Chairs" in Puerto Vallarta this Christmas! Jose, bring me another Mar Garrrr Ita! ;-)"

RuPaul's Starrbooty soundtrack:

-Sam from Wilmington, NC: "Thank you so much! I'm very excited to win the RuPaul CD! I came out in the early 90's and I can't tell you how many times I listened to Supermodel of the World as a budding young queer. At a time in my life when I was uncertain and unformed as a gay man, RuPaul was very much an inspiration for me to be myself and be as fabulous as I could."

-Tater from Glen Ellyn, Illinois: "Thank for for making my day!"

-Robert from Rancho Cucamongo, California

Steve Gouda's book, Wearing History:

-Mike from Olympia, Washington: "Happy dancing! Thanks so much!"

Chaka Khan's CD, Funk This:

-Lori from Gloversville, New York: "Thanks to the always hip Lady Randomocity and Joe.My.God. Hey Chaka -- if you're ever in upstate New York, have your people call my people, and lunch is on me!"

-Ben from Pottsdam, New York: "Thanks! Gonna get my groove on tonight."

-Evan from Winnetka, California: "WOW! Thank you, God Our Joe! "And I never win anything!" (Well, I guess sometimes I do!)"

Four double-disc CDs from Universal's Gold Series:

-Tom from Webster, New York: "Thank you, thank you, thank you. Love me some Diana, Mary and Flo."

Here! Networks Nine Lives DVD:

-David from Toronto, Ontario: "I feel star-struck just reading a note from you, and completely thrilled about winning anything! I've been reading your blog for about a year, and not just on swag Tuesdays! I like the witty and wry tone, and since we're about the same age (31?), I can identify with your experiences in those horrible Reagan years. "[JMG: 31? Heh.]

Bob Smith's book, Selfish & Perverse:

-Craig from Fort Lauderdale, Florida: "Thank you so much!!! I am very excited to read his complete book after hearing the amazing snippets Bob read on the cruises. I made a point to hear every one of his readings - even though I was working on the ships. I love your (JMG) site and read it every day. How perfect I was randomly chosen to receive Bob's hilarious and insightful book!"

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home