Main | Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Love, Laughter, Longevity

My beloved Farmboyz celebrated their 24th anniversary on Monday. An excerpt from Father Tony's blog:

I watch others tread water for the length of their lives, using curious tools to stay above its surface. The morphine of religion. The aquarium of wealth. The fanning gills of sex. The antifreeze of drink. Their sharks never seemed much to care for me, though I would have been easy prey.

Imagine my surprise twenty-four years ago when someone passing took hold of me and pulled himself up and into the listing vessel of my life. Turned about in winter, I felt warmth for the first time. Good and playful work. An ease of course through dire straits. Laughter in the clearing of the drain.

Go read the rest. Take a tissue with you.
.

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home