Main | Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bush To Barney Frank: I Hope You Told Him How Open-Minded I Am

After his State Of Union Address on Tuesday, Dubya waded into the crowd of legislators for some glad-handing. Passing Barney Frank, who was on the phone, Dubya told Frank to tell the person on the phone that the president said "Hello." The rest of the story:
What Bush didn't know was that the congressman was talking to his boyfriend.

"Tell him I said, 'Hello,' '' Bush said to Frank, leaning in to pat the congressman's shoulder. As Bush continued into the House chamber, Frank told his skeptical boyfriend that it had been the conservative Republican president sending his good wishes. Frank's boyfriend didn't believe him, so the Massachusetts lawmaker put one of the sergeants-at-arms on the phone to back up his story.

After the speech, Frank said, he felt he had to tell Bush what he had done. After all, the president opposes gay marriage, and gay rights groups do not see the president as an ally.

Frank sought out the president, who put his hand on the back of the congressman's head to hear him more clearly in the noisy, crowded room.

"Mr. President, by the way, the person I was talking to when you said to say hello was my boyfriend,'' Frank said he told the commander-in-chief.

"Well. I hope you said how open-minded I am,'' Frank said the president replied.

"I considered telling [the president] I wouldn't marry him,'' Frank said, "but then I thought, 'Nah.'"
The thing is, I'm sure that Bush IS personally open-minded on gays. That's what makes him so evil.

Labels: ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home