Main | Thursday, January 03, 2008

Huckabee On Meet The Press


On Sunday's Meet The Press, Mike Huckabee tried to allay fears that he wants to impose Christian ideals on the nation after host Tim Russert brought up the quote in Huckabee's 1998 book in which he equates homosexuality with necrophilia and pedophilia.

"I don’t know whether people are born that way. People who are gay say that they’re born that way. But one thing I know, that the behavior one practices is a choice. We may have certain tendencies, but how we behave and how we carry out our behavior–but the important issue that I want to address, because I think when you bring up the faith question, Tim, I’ve been asked more about my faith than any person running for president. I’m OK with that. I hope I’ve answered these questions very candidly and very honestly. I think it’s important for us to talk about it. But the most important thing is to find out, does our faith influence our public policy and how? I’ve never tried to rewrite science textbooks. I’ve never tried to come out with some way of imposing a doctrinaire Christian perspective in a way that is really against the Constitution. I’ve never done that."

Amusingly, Huckabee's own Christianist supporters are displeased.

Labels: ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home