Main | Friday, May 02, 2008

And All The Girls Dreamed That They'd Be Her Partner, They'd Be Her Partner

Carly Simon outs herself, sort of, to the Bay Area Reporter:

Bay Area Reporter
: After speaking with you this morning, I'm going to be interviewing Cyndi Lauper regarding her True Colors tour, which features gay and straight artists performing to raise money for the Human Rights Campaign and other LGBT organizations. I'm wondering if Cyndi called you and asked you to be a part of the True Colors tour, might you get involved?

Carly Simon: Well, the part that I could be involved in is the gay and lesbian part. The part that would be hard for me is to commit to a tour because I'm not very comfortable being onstage. But the part that would be easiest for me would be singing on behalf of all of us. I don't consider myself to be not gay.

BAR: Wow! Well, it's great to have you as part of the family.

Simon: Thank you! I mean, I've enlarged all of my possibilities. There are a lot of extremely personal stories to tell about that, but we won't go into that right now. Let's just say that it just depends upon who I'm with.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home