Main | Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Rick Warren Lies

Pastor Rick Warren appeared on Larry King last night to say that he has never been anti-gay or against gay marriage. Funny, we remember Warren comparing same-sex marriage to pedophilia and incest.

AmericaBlog
reminds us of the exact quote:
Steven Waldman: One controversial moment for you in the last election was your support for Proposition 8 in California.
Rick Warren: Eight, yeah, yeah.
Steven Waldman: A couple questions about that. First, just to clarify, do you support civil unions or domestic partnerships?
Rick Warren: [long answer about civil unions]
Steven Waldman: What about like partnership benefits in terms of insurance or hospital visitation?
Rick Warren: Not a problem to me. But the issue to me is, I’m not opposed to that as much as I’m opposed to the redefinition of a 5,000-year definition of marriage. I’m opposed to having a brother and sister be together and call that marriage, an older guy marrying a child and calling that a marriage. I’m opposed to one guy having multiple wives and calling that marriage.
Steven Waldman: Do you think, though, that they are equivalent to having gays getting married?
Rick Warren: Oh I do.
I guess in Warren's world, even your most famous quote never happened if you say it didn't.

Labels: , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home