Main | Thursday, July 30, 2009

Top Birther Site Goes Dark

TheObamaFile.com, one of the most widely-read anti-Obama and birther movement sites, has posted a "closed for lack of support" notice. World Net Daily:
"This guy is coming down, there's nothing anybody can do about it," declares Parker Shannon, a 70-year-old retiree who has documented alleged violations by Obama for the past two years from his home in suburban Boston. But Shannon stresses his decision to shut down the site had nothing to do with any kind of pressure from the government. "The Obama camp didn't get to me. They can't," he told WND. "What got to me is my fellow Americans, the cheap bastards." "I'm disappointed," he said, explaining he lives on Social Security and a small amount of retirement money. "I just am tired of doing what I'm doing, and I get 50 e-mails a day telling me I'm a great patriot and they're praying for me. I don't want to hear it. Just send me $10."

Shannon says he spent 60 to 70 hours a week on his efforts and received only $240 in the entire two years despite displaying prominent donation buttons. The home page now just has a logo and the words, "Closed. Lack of support." "There was no warning. This is freaky scary. " said Tony Licursi of Kennesaw, Ga., of the sudden shutdown. "There was more info there than [Roman historian] Tacitus could've ever dreamed."
Stand by for the "Obama had it shut down" stories.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home