Main | Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Alan Chambers: Celibate "Ex-Gays" Are Still Not Holy Enough For Jeebus

"Celibacy is the godly option for all single men and women. Yet today, while many Christians with same-sex attractions are choosing celibacy, they’re also opting to keep the gay identity/label. This falls short of God’s best because identity matters. How we view and refer to ourselves is very important. Twenty years ago when I began my journey out of the gay lifestyle toward holiness, I could’ve simply worked on my sexual urges and opted not to deal with the deeper issues that fueled my desire for sex. I could’ve called myself a celibate gay man and left it at that. But that wouldn’t have taken me far." - Exodus International president Alan Chambers, who may go the rest of his entire life without sucking another cock (which is very doubtful), but who will go to his grave as a homosexual. And nothing else.

Labels: , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home