Main | Monday, October 01, 2012

Seth MacFarlane To Host Oscars

Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane has been named as the host of the next Oscars telecast.
“It’s truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars,” MacFarlane said in the release. “My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don’t find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen roast.” MacFarlane’s hosting gig will mark his first appearance on the Oscar stage. Recently, he hosted the season premiere of “Saturday Night Live,” showing off his versatility as he sang and did voices during his opening routine.
Billy Crystal, who hosted last year, has had the job nine times. Bob Hope has the all-time record at 19 times.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home