Main | Friday, November 09, 2012

Lady Gaga Gives $1M To Hurricane Relief

"Today I pledge 1 million dollars to New York & The American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief. If it wasn't for NYC: the Lower East Side, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today. New York is relentless ambition, a drive to succeed, a place where there is a natural pursuit of diversity through compassion. Please accept this gift on behalf of myself, my parents Joe and Cynthia, and my sister Natali; with our deepest gratitude New York for raising us. Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours. Sincerely, Lady Gaga and The Germanottas." - Lady Gaga, writing on her personal blog.

RELATED: Much of Gaga's donation will doubtlessly end up helping the people of Staten Island, NYC's most-damaged borough. You may recall that Staten Island's borough president, who has been on the news daily screaming for more aid, recently called Lady Gaga a "drug-using slut" who is corrupting the nation's youth. It will be interesting to see if he bothers to respond to Gaga's generosity.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home