Main | Monday, December 03, 2012

HomoQuotable - Frank Mugisha

"If the law is passed the way it is right now, I would go to jail, and I would be killed. The bill says anyone who commits the offense [and speaks out] against this legislation more than once is a serial offender. And the fact that I’ve already said in Uganda that I’m gay, and that I’m an advocate for LGBT rights, that means I’m promoting homosexuality in Uganda, according to this bill. This legislation, if passed into law, it would automatically make me a serial offender and I would be sentenced to death." - Ugandan activist Frank Mugisha, speaking on Michelangelo Signorile's SiriusXM radio show.

NOTE: There is a chance that the Ugandan Parliament will recess before hearing the Anti-Homosexuality Act due to a ferocious unrelated battle over a bill regarding oil drilling rights.

Labels: , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home