Main | Sunday, March 03, 2013

Cardinal Keith O'Brien Confesses: Yes, I Was Totally Nailing All Those Priests

"In recent days certain allegations which have been made against me have become public. Initially, their anonymous and non-specific nature led me to contest them. However, I wish to take this opportunity to admit that there have been times that my sexual conduct has fallen below the standards expected of me as a priest, archbishop and cardinal. To those I have offended, I apologise and ask forgiveness. To the Catholic Church and people of Scotland, I also apologise. I will now spend the rest of my life in retirement. I will play no further part in the public life of the Catholic Church in Scotland." - Cardinal Keith O'Brien, in a statement released today.

RELATED: Last year the British LGBT rights group Stonewall named O'Brien their "Bigot Of The Year" after he denounced marriage equality and compared gay relationships to slavery and child abuse.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home