Main | Saturday, April 06, 2013

Ben Carson Apologizes Again

Last week Tea Party hero Dr. Ben Carson issued an insincere faux-pology after he'd appeared on national television to compare gay people to pedophiles and animal-fuckers.  Yesterday Carson was forced to make a more unequivocal apology to his employers at Johns Hopkins University.   
"As you know, I have been in the national news quite a bit recently and my 36 year association with Johns Hopkins has unfortunately dragged our institution into the spotlight as well. I am sorry for any embarrassment this has caused. But what really saddens me is that my poorly chosen words caused pain for some members of our community and for that I offer a most sincere and heartfelt apology. Hurting others is diametrically opposed to who I am and what I believe. There are many lessons to be learned when venturing into the political world and this is one I will not forget. Although I do believe marriage is between a man and a woman, there are much less offensive ways to make that point. I hope all will look at a lifetime of service over some poorly chosen words.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home