Main | Tuesday, December 16, 2014

DC Priest To Gays: Stop All That Fucking

"A person with same-sex attraction is called to live celibately, like any unmarried heterosexual person. And though celibacy has its challenges (as does marriage) it can also be a very fulfilling way to live. Of this I am a witness. I am heterosexual, but I live celibately, not just because I am a priest, but because I am unmarried. And my life is very rich and fulfilling. I am not lonely, frustrated, or miserable. I suppose sex can be a source a happiness. But I have done enough counseling to know that sex can also be a source of stress, struggle, and yes, unhappiness. It is wrong to simplistically link sexual intercourse with happiness or to declare it a sine qua non for fulfillment. With this background in mind, I was pleased to see an article in the Washington Post that discusses the lives of those with same-sex attraction who choose to live celibately and in conformity with the teachings of the Church in this matter."- Father Charles Pope, writing for the Archdiocese of Washington.

PREVIOUSLY ON JMG:  Father Pope calls for the cancellation of NYC's 2015 St. Patrick's Day "anal sex celebration parade" over the inclusion of one LGBT group. Father Pope slams the legalization of gay adoption in Florida because "parthenogenesis" is not meant for humans. Father Pope denounces President Obama for citing scripture in his endorsement of same-sex marriage.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home