Main | Friday, January 23, 2015

COLORADO: Pro-Gay Bakery Launches Legal Defense Crowdfunding Campaign

From Azucar Bakery's GoFundMe page:
As many of you know some time ago a person came into my bakery asking to make a Bible shaped cake with discriminatory and hateful words against the LGBT community. I did not feel comfortable writing said message. I would gladly make the cake but would give him the tools to write the message himself. Now that person has filed a complaint with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies against Azucar Bakery for discrimination. At the moment I never thought this story would get so big, just that I was doing the right thing. For better or for worse the story has blown up and in order not to stick my foot in my mouth and say something that would get me into trouble, I have decided to seek legal advice. Many of you have already offered to help; that is why this campaign was started. I will use the funds to help me and the bakery with legal expenses. I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your support. With love, Marjorie Silva
(Tipped by JMG reader Sean)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home