Main | Thursday, April 12, 2007

Open Thread Thursday

My baloney has a first name. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Here's the tricky part. Everybody doesn't like something. If you've got the time, we've got the beer. You can trust your car to the man who wears the star. Oh, Fab. I'm glad.

I miss catchy advertising jingles. All I hear anymore in ads is old pop songs. Sometimes the ads can be cute-ish, like the Chip's Ahoy ad using Human League's Don't You Want Me. And sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, like with the M&M's ad that uses The The's obscure but fantastic This Is The Day. But usually, I'm just annoyed, particularly when advertisers use a song I used to enjoy.

What's your favorite old school jingle? To refresh you memories, here's some golden oldies from the food & beverage industry.
.

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home