Main | Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Brent Rinehart = Loser

Oklahoma pol Brent Rhinehart, who made national news with his homophobic comic book, came in last in yesterday's three-way primary. Which gives him plenty of free time to fight those felony corruption charges.
After being denounced for mailing out a crude campaign comic book and trounced in his Republican primary, Oklahoma County Commissioner Brent Rinehart now can move on to his next battle — in district court. Rinehart is scheduled to appear at an Oklahoma County District Court hearing on Thursday in connection with several felony campaign corruption charges he's facing in connection with his previous campaign.

On Tuesday, Rinehart was tossed out of office by voters in his district, finishing third in a three-way primary with 1,900 votes, or 21 percent. "I've been battling and battling for many years, and I believe even though I still had some fight left in me, I don't believe the public had it left in them," Rinehart said Tuesday night. "I don't in any way blame them."
(Via - Towleroad)

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home