Main | Friday, July 25, 2008

Daily Grumble

Waiting for George Michael to take the stage on Wednesday, I was grumbling to Aaron that I only went to see "oldies" acts these days, how everybody I'd seen in concert this summer had been around for 25 years or more. Yaz, Donna Summer, B-52's, Cyndi Lauper, Laurie Anderson, etc. Aaron said, "Well, don't you know of any new bands you like?" And I really couldn't think of any. I said, "Well, there's that Dashboard-something that I saw on TV. The lead singer was kinda cute. And I heard a song by the Dinner Jackets that I like. Dinner Jackets? Is that their name?" Aaron shrugged and went back to his program. Ten seconds later the Jumbotron flashed: "Neil Diamond! Five unforgettable shows!" And I couldn't help it, I went "Ooh!" Dammit.

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home