Main | Monday, December 27, 2010

Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie To Birthers: STFU, I Was There When Obama Was Born

Newly elected Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie (D) says that now that he's in charge, he's going to institute changes that allow his state to release birth documentation on President Obama without violating medical confidentiality laws. Abercrombie is quite certain the birth took place in his state because he was friends with Obama's parents before the future president was born.
"It's an insult to his mother and to his father, and I knew his mother and father; they were my friends, and I have an emotional interest in that," Abercrombie told the Times. "It's an emotional insult. It is disrespectful to the president; it is disrespectful to the office." Abercombie was quoted by the Chicago Tribune as saying, "What bothers me is that some people who should know better are trying to use this for political reasons," he said. "Maybe I'm the only one in the country that could look you right in the eye right now and tell you, 'I was here when that baby was born.'"
Politico warns that Abercrombie's move could only fuel birther claims of a conspiracy by Democrats.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home