Main | Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Clive Davis Comes Out As Bisexual

Music industry legend Clive Davis, the man credited with Whitney Houston's career (and the careers of many others), has come out as bisexual in a new memoir titled The Soundtrack Of My Life.
Davis, who is twice divorced, remains close to his family, which includes three sons, a daughter and six grandchildren, and to friends, with whom he vacations regularly. Soundtrack's aforementioned personal revelation acknowledges "something that my children and close friends have always known, but that I knew I would need to discuss in a biography": He considers himself bisexual. "After my second marriage failed, I met a man who was also grounded in music. Having only had loving relationships and sexual intimacy with women, I opened myself up to the possibility that I could have that with a male, and found that I could." Davis is currently involved with another man (who isn't in show business), "but I never stopped being attracted to women. Bisexuality is misunderstood; the adage is that you're either straight or gay or lying, but that's not my experience. To call me anything other than bisexual would be inaccurate."
Davis has earned multiple Grammy awards and was inducted as a non-performer into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home